Thursday, July 30, 2026

Bad Badger - A Family Story by Maryrose Wood - an Audio book from Libby

 I listened to this story while on a visit to Rapid City in the heat of the summer of 2026. It was a delightful "escape" and thoroughly enjoyable continuation of the earlier Bad Badger book, recommended to me by John Stevenson. The first one is his FAVORITE book, he says. So of course I had to order him the sequel, as well as a stuffed badger!

This one is even better than the first. The patient unfolding and explaining of complex human feelings and development are just beautiful. And they are instructive for a young person OR an older one! There are important relationship skills that are beautifully explained and modeled by the characters. One in particular is allowing for bad moods and why one might want to be forgiving in tense situations. The story also illustrates the stresses of parenthood in an empathetic and caring way. 

I haven't heard John's reaction to this story yet; but I'm anxious to hear what he thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm filtering comments...Thanks for your patience!